1.Model writing yourself – shopping lists / letters / cards etc.
2. Provide a special place for your child to write / scribble provide a variety of materials- crayons markers /pencils (box)
3. Display your child’s name as often as possible i.e. Sean’s Room.
4. Teach your child the letters in his own name.
5. Provide alphabet books friezes.
6. Write messages / reminders to your child.
7. Encourage child to write his / her own messages .
8. Praise your child’s efforts.
9. Ask child to read their own messages.
10. Respond to the messages and not to grammar and spelling.