Here are some ideas for your PJP Butterfly Piece.... just to get you started! If you want to do something different and design your own using other colours/patterns, then go for it!
Guidelines for Decorating Your Butterfly
- Important: Before you start, clearly write your name and Room number on the back of your butterfly.
- If you need some ideas, have a look at the Samples of Butterfly Designs page. Your teacher has a copy. These samples are also on the pjp.ie website. If you prefer to use your own design, no problem, go for it!
- Start colouring! Use crayon, colouring pencil, marker or paint. If you want to paint it, make sure you give it enough time to dry before adding the detail.
- Be as colourful as you like - use 1 or 2 colours or more if you want. Remember it’s a small piece so we suggest you use brighter/lighter colours first then add the detail after.
- When adding details, it helps to use a black pen, dark pencil or a finely tipped black marker. A black pen/dark pencil works really well for adding details.
- If you want to embellish it e.g. with glitter, beads – use only a tiny amount as it’s a small piece
- When you are finished, return your butterfly to your teacher.
- Thank you and have lots of fun being creative !